Pendulate – Chaotic Monosynth
Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before
Pendulate is a chaotic monosynth that uses a brand new double-pendulum-oscillator to create previously unheard sounds – biting basses, searing leads, and gritty textures. It can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.
CREATE THE CHAOS
Pendulate’s chaotic oscillator is based on the physics of a double pendulum. What initially looks like randomness contains underlying patterns, interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization
CONTROL THE CHAOS
Pendulate’s chaotic oscillator is matched with a wavefolder and low pass gate inspired by the ideas of legendary synthesizer designer, Don Buchla. These three modules, oscillator, wavefolder and gate, combine to make everything from warm basses to searing leads.
MODULATE THE CHAOS
Every parameter in Pendulate’s three modules can be modulated by Pendulate’s Looping Envelope Generator, Modulatable LFO, or by MIDI and MPE sources. The innovative modulation interface allows you to easily and quickly patch any combination of sources to any destination, creating sounds that are sure to make you move with them.
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 325 simultaneous modulation routings
- MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers
- Looping Envelope and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, and can modulate each other, like a modular synth
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 325 modulation points in an intuitive single pane
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
- Fully resizable UI!
- Intuitive Midi Learn functionality allows you to assign MIDI CCs to any control with just a click
- Three unique color schemes to customize your look
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang