ATK Side Chain Compressor
ATK Side-Chain Compressor is a stereo side chain compressor plugin.
- two separate channels that can be linked together,
- Middle/Side processing,
- a control between peak power and RMS detection,
- a color section (color and quality),
- a dry/wet section for parallel compression.
- The side chain capability allows an outside signal to trigger the compressor, like a filtered version of the original signal or a completely distinct signal. Bass triggered by drums is the typical example of a side-chain compressor effect.
The plugin features a unique color section that enables non linear compression near the knee. A negative color lowers the gain while a positive color increases the gain above 0dB (a simple compressor always has a gain less or equal to 0dB).
In linked channels mode, both channels attach/release filters are working independently while their sum activates the single gain filter.